ER Guard Features and Benefits
Up to 20,000 coverage on emergency treatment and care such as:
- Physician’s Services
- Emergency Room Fees
- Medicines used for immediate relief and during treatment
- Oxygen, intravenous fluids and blood products (except gamma globulin, immunoglobulin)
- Dressings, plaster casts, sutures and other medical supplies
- Laboratory, X-ray and other diagnostic examinations directly related to the emergency management of the patient.
- Initial treatment of animal bites, cost of vaccines limited to Passive and Active vaccine for anti-tetanus, anti-venom and anti-rabies (Initial treatment covered for the first 24hrs from the time of bite subject to ABL. Cost of vaccine up to P2,500 as first dose only)
- Cardholder must be fifteen (15) days to sixty (60) years old
- Access to all Private Hospitals in the Philippines
Validity and Usage
- 1 year from the date card is activated
- One-time use per card.
- Can be purchased and used multiple cards in a year however, you can only use one (1) card per emergency
How to Activate
- Go to shop.medicareplusinc.com/erguard-activation-form
- Fill out the form and submit.
- An email will be sent to you for the successful activation of your card within 48hours.
- Your ER Guard digital card and policy shall be emailed to you.
- The Medical benefit shall be effective five (5) calendar days from the date of activation.
How to use ER Guard
You may use your ER Guard card in any emergency room of private hospitals in the Philippines.
Using your ER Guard in Medicare Plus in accredited hospitals is highly recommended for smoother transactions. Call our Medical Concierge team so that you may be assisted to the nearest emergency room available. Our Medical Concierge hotlines are: 0908-8860472, 0917-8834111, 0908-8145874 and 0998-5601814. Our team is ready to provide assistance 24/7.
Use of ER Guard card is for one-time use and only applied in emergencies.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation and refund can only be done within 15 days from the date of purchase as long as the card is not activated.
The ER Guard is not transferrable once activated.
Exclusions and Limitations
- Additional hospital charges and physician’s professional fees resulting from:
a. room-upgrading beyond twenty-four (24) hours during emergency conditions such as but not limited to difference in room
and board, professional fees and incremental charges
b. extension of hospital stays despite release of discharge order from MEMBER’s attending physician
c. fees of the assistant surgeons for surgeries with less than 250 RUV units/resident doctors who assisted the Attending
Physician in the process of rendering the medical services shall not be chargeable to the MEMBER and/or Medicare Plus
except for hospitals that do not have resident physicians to assist during surgeries subject to the prior approval of Medicare
d. use of extra bed, pillows, extra food, toilet articles like face towel, soap, toothbrush and the like, TV, electric fan, DVD/VCD,
and other similar items unless such appliances and items are necessarily and ordinarily included in the MEMBER’s Room
and Board Accommodation
e. difference in Room and Board Accommodation, the incremental rate differences for professional fees, diagnostic and
laboratory examinations, and other ancillary medical services brought about by obtaining a room and board accommodation
higher than the MEMBER’s Room and Board Accommodation limit
f. services of a private or a special nurse
g. all other items not medically necessary in the medical management of the MEMBER.
- Medical Certificates and request for copy of hospital documents.
- Medico-Legal Fees. These are professional fees of a medico-legal consultant to whom a patient is referred primarily for the
issuance of a medical certificate for legal purposes.
- All expenses incurred in the process of organ donation and transplantation and its complications if the MEMBER is the donor.
- Benefits covered by PhilHealth and all other government funded healthcare entitlements as provided for by law.
- Cost of the medical services and professional fees in excess of the ABL.
- Long-term rehabilitation and psychiatric and/or psychological illnesses and conditions including neurotic, psychotic behavior
disorders and psychosomatic illness; anxiety disorders.
- Developmental disorders including functional disorders of the mind, such as but not limited to Attention-Deficit Disorder
(ADD)/Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders, Bipolar Disorders, Central Auditory
Processing Disorder (CAPD), Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Neural Tube Defects, and Mental Retardation.
- Treatment for injury and its complications resulting from self-inflicted injuries including infections as a result of tattoos, piercing
of the ear or in any body part, whether self-inflicted or done by a third party or attempted suicide or self-destruction, whether sane
- Treatment of any injury received when there is negligence, unauthorized use of prohibited drugs or regulated drugs, alcoholic
liquor intake, direct or indirect participation in the commission of a crime whether consummated or not, violation of a law or
ordinance or unnecessary exposure to imminent danger, knowingly or unknowingly or hazard to health, by the MEMBER.
Medicare Plus may rely on the Police or Doctor’s report to evaluate such claim.
- Aesthetic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery or any consultation or treatment for any beautification purposes except if
necessary, to treat a functional defect due to accidental injury within the initial confinement.
- Oral surgery following accidental injury to teeth for purposes of beautification. Dental examinations, extractions, fillings, other
dental treatment and their complications except to the extent that are medically necessary for repair or alleviation of damage to
the MEMBER caused solely by an accident. Medical care resulting from any dental related conditions.
- Maternity care and all other conditions related to and/or resulting from pregnancy and/or delivery which affect the conditions of
the MEMBER and the unborn child.
- Circumcision (except for treatment of urological conditions), sex transformation, diagnosis, treatment and procedures related to
fertility or infertility including menopause, artificial insemination, sterilization or reversal of such and their complications.
- Experimental medical procedures and its complications.
- Acupuncture, chirotherapy and other forms of therapies and its complications.
- Purchase or lease of durable medical equipment, oxygen dispensing equipment, and oxygen except during covered in-patient
- Corrective appliances, prosthetics and orthotics such as but not limited to eye glasses and contact lenses, hearing aids,
pacemaker, artificial limbs, valves, knee-tibial insert for total knee arthroplasty, vascular grafts, titanium thread, myringotomy
tube, intravascular catheters, vascular stents, prolene mesh, bone screws/plates, pins, wires, VP shunt, balloons, orthopedic
internal fixator/fixation systems, orthopedic external fixator/fixation systems, intraocular lens, braces, crutches.
- Take-home medicine, immunizing agents (vitamins) and out-patient medicine except chemotherapy medicine and medicine
administered during an emergency treatment.
- Congenital, genetic and hereditary diseases and their complications affecting functions of individuals.
- All congenital and physical deformities and abnormalities prior to enrollment.
- Treatment of injuries/illnesses caused directly or indirectly by engaging in any professional sport or hazardous activity such as
but not limited to scuba diving, hang-gliding, surfing, water skiing, mountain climbing, rock climbing, mountaineering, parachuting,
airsoft, drag racing, paintballing, wakeboarding and bungee jumping, except for activities under company-sponsored sports
activities, and all other voluntary activities which pose a danger to life and limb.
- Injuries resulting from direct participation in riots, strikes, and other civil disturbances.
- Treatment of injuries or illnesses resulting from war or any combat-related activities while in military service.
- Sexually transmitted diseases, genital warts, AIDS and AIDS related diseases.
- Chronic Dermatoses. Psycho Dermatologic Disorders such as (a) Psycho Physiological Disorders (e.g., Alopecia Areata, Atopic
Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Psychogenic Purpura, Rosacea, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Urticaria); (b) Primary Psychiatric Dermatologic
Disorder (e.g., Bromosiderophobia, Delusion of Parasitosis, Dysmorphophobia, Factitial Dermatitis, Trichotillomonania); (c)
Secondary Psychiatric Dermatologic Disorders (e.g., Alopecia Areata, Cystic Acne, Hemangiomas, Ichthyosis, Kaposis Sarcoma,
- Infectious diseases (according to the local epidemiological patterns) that may arise in times of an epidemic or pandemic (i.e.,
Avian Flu, Meningococcemia, etc.) as declared by World Health Organization (WHO) and/or by Department of Health (DOH).
- Pre-existing Hepatitis B and screening and vaccines for all types of Hepatitis.
- Animal bite/scratch/lick or snake bite including its complications.
- Laser procedures/treatments.
- Speech therapy for developmental and congenital diseases.
- Weight reduction programs, surgical operation or procedure for treatment of obesity, including gastric stapling or balloon
procedures and liposuction.
- Cost of vaccines for immunization, except passive and active vaccine for anti-tetanus, anti-venom, and anti-rabies vaccine as
specified in the Agreement.
- All screening tests.
- Executive check-ups and confinement which are for purely diagnostic purposes except as specified in the Agreement.
- Allergens used for hypersensitivity testing regardless if administered as an out-patient or in-patient procedure.
- Provoked assault including domestic violence.
- Robotic surgery
Other Guidelines and Reminders
- Medicare Plus Concierge is available 24/7 to assist the member for any queries or clarifications about the availment of the prepaid product. In case of concerns, the customer can also be referred to the Medicare Plan Advisor.
- Medicare Plus shall be providing the customer an electronic copy of the product policy/agreement, certificate of coverage and availment guidelines immediately after the transaction has been completed and confirmed.
- Medicare Plus shall be asking the consumer to safe keep the electronic copy of the documents and policies issued.
- Medicare Plus shall remind the consumer to inform the beneficiary/ies that he/she has been designated as such.
- Any restrictions, limitations or conditions of purchase, such as parental/guardian approval requirements, the length of contracts, or any geographic limitations applying to the offer.
- Please present 1 valid ID upon availment of the services offered in this healthcare plan.
Terms and Conditions
- If after emergency treatment has been administered and the member is still required to be confined, Medicare Plus will no longer be liable for the cost of treatment during confinement.
- After the ER services have been administered, the ER Guard Card shall no longer be valid.
- No ER Guard, No availment
- Once activated, the card is non-transferable
- Purchasing and using of cards multiple times in a year is allowed in the condition that only one can be used at a time.